SEWER SYSTEM EVALUATION SURVEY (SSES)
UPDATE FOR THE WEEK OF 7/27/2020
- Smoke testing is scheduled for Mon-Wed (7/27-7/29) next week.
- Duke’s (the company performing the SSES work) posted door tags regarding smoke testing at affected residences Thurs-Fri (7/23 & 7/24).
- Televising of the sewer will continue next week following smoke testing. It is estimated this will take 2 to 2.5 weeks to complete all of the televising.
- Manhole inspections are scheduled to begin on Monday, 8/3, and will occur simultaneously with the televising (separate crew completing the manhole inspection work, working in different parts of town).
- All work is weather dependent.
The Village of Elburn is in Phase 2 of the SSES.
Phase 1 was the monitoring of stormwater flow into the sanitary sewer system in Subbasins A, B, C and D (see link to map below) during the spring/early summer of 2019.
Phase 2 will target Subbasins A, B and D and work will be completed by Duke’s Root Control (Crystal Lake, IL). Phase 2 includes the following:
- Smoke testing for an estimated total of 28,694 linear feet of sanitary sewer in Subbasins A, B and D. Informational letters will be mailed in advance to all residents in Subbasins A, B and D giving timelines and explaining the process. Duke’s will deliver “door hangers” to homes in Subbasins A, B and D a few days in advance of the testing giving more insight on the process and what residents can do to prepare. Residents do not have to be home during the smoke testing.
- Manhole assessment inspections for an estimated 107 manholes within Subbasins A, B and D.
- Televising and pipeline assessment for all of the mains in Subbasins A, B and D.
All defects and findings will be reviewed by Village Staff and Village Engineers and a resolution plan will be implemented next year as Phase 3.
SSES Phase 2 Timeline
July 16, 2020 – Manhole inspections and televising begins.
July 17, 2020 – Informational letters to residents in Subbasins A, B and D will be mailed.
July 27, 2020 – Smoke testing begins.
Questions may be directed to the Village of Elburn Public Works at 630-365-5064.
SUBBASIN MAP –> Basins ABC and D Map