Metra Parking & Daily Fees
The Elburn Metra Station has approximately 600 parking spaces available for public use. Parking is $1.50 per day. Parking is free for motorists lawfully parked in a marked handicap parking stall while displaying a disabled parking permit or license plate.
If you plan on using the Metra parking lot, please remember:
- Make sure you pay the $1.50 daily parking fee.
- Make sure you have valid registration on your vehicle.
Metra Parking Permits
The village is currently issuing parking permits for the Elburn Metra commuter parking lot.
|January to June Permit
|$150.00 (6 months)
|July to December Permit
|$150.00 (6 months)
|Yearly or Annual Permit
|$300.00 (1 year)
Obtaining a Parking Permit
Permits are not required to park at the Metra lot. They are a convenience for those daily commuters who wish to avoid daily payment at the machines.
You may download a Metra Parking Permit Application to purchase the permit. This form can be printed off and brought to the police department at the time of purchase. Cash, check, or credit card may be used for the purchase.
Parking Permits may be obtained by phone, mail, or in person.
To order by mail with a check please make the check payable to the Village of Elburn.
Mail check and application to:
Attn: Police Department, 301 E. North St., Elburn, IL 60119
You can stop in to purchase by check, cash, or credit card at the Elburn Police Department. Police Department Office hours are Monday thru Friday from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
Parking Permit Policies
- Your permit must always be displayed by hanging if from the inside rearview mirror of your vehicle, so that it may be viewed through both the front windshield and the rear window. This is to insure that it will be visible from the traffic aisle when you are parked in the Metra parking lot.
- As a permit holder, you will be entitled to use any of the 600 numbered stalls in the Metra parking lot. Your permit alone does not allow you to park in any handicapped parking stall. Your permit does not allow you to park in any traffic aisle, or on any unpaved areas within the parking lot. Nor, does it allow you to park along any part of the access road (Railroad St.) leading to, and from the parking lot.
- You may use the permit with any vehicle that is registered to you; not just the one that you’ve indicated on your application form.
- You may not transfer, loan, or sell the parking permit to anyone else.
- You may use the permit for your carpool, as long as you are a passenger in that vehicle, and the permit is properly displayed.
- Lost / stolen / destroyed parking permits: It is mandatory that a police report is filed within the jurisdiction of occurrence as soon as possible, and a copy of the police report accompanies your request for a new permit.
- Vehicles must be properly parked in the parking stall, All improperly parked vehicles will be ticketed.
- If you forget your parking permit, you must pay for the stall that you park in.
Daily Parking Fees
The daily parking fee is $1.50. Each parking space is numbered either on a post in front of the space or attached to a cable above the space. Motorists should note the number of the parking stall they are using and make payment at either of the payment shelters. You can pay for any space at any machine. Receipts are provided. Deposit only the correct amount. No change is provided.
Multiple Day Parking
If you plan on parking at the Elburn Metra Station for more than one day, you may pay for each day in advance. Each payment shelter has a machine designated to use for multiple day payments. Use the multiple day payment machine and enter the number of days you wish to purchase. The machine will tally the required payment and prompt you to pay the correct amount. Deposit only the correct amount as no change is provided.
ParkMobile App – Pay by Phone
Metra riders using the Elburn Metra Station will be able to pay their parking fee by phone using a mobile application from Parkmobile. Pay at your convenience whether you are on the go or in the comfort and safety of your own vehicle. No cash or change is needed. Registration is free, quick and easy. A small convenience fee will apply. Visit www.parkmobile.com for more information
If you feel you unfairly received a ticket at the station, you may complete a Request for Review of an Ordinance Citation form and return it to the Elburn Police Department. Do not send your copy of the citation with the form.