Child Safety Seat Certified Technicians Available
The Elburn Police Department offers the services of nationally certified child safety seat installers on an appointment-only basis. If you would like to have a certified tech install your child safety seat, please contact the Elburn Police Department at 630-365-5070 to schedule your appointment.
Please expect the installation to take at least 1 hour for proper installation, check, and to review installation with the owner per child safety seat. Please wear appropriate clothing for outdoor conditions as the installation requires the owner to be present while installation takes place. To help make sure your installation goes smoothly, please bring your vehicle’s owner’s manual (if available) and your child seat’s owner’s manual (if available). When making your appointment, please be sure to provide information regarding the following:
- Is this a new installation or a previously installed car seat?
- How many children and adults will be riding in the vehicle in total?
- What is the current age, weight, and height of passengers under 13 years of age? If you are an expectant mother, please schedule your appointment 1 to 2 months prior to your due date.
- How many child safety seats would you like to be installed during your appointment?
- If you do not have the owner’s manual for your vehicle and/or child safety seat, please provide information regarding vehicle year, make, and model as well as your child safety seat manufacturer and model.
We are committed to keeping children safe. Please visit the National CPS Certification for more information regarding locations of certified technicians, program affiliations, and information regarding certification. To learn more about what to expect from a Child Passenger Safety Technician, please review What To Expect From a CPS Tech.