UPDATE FOR THE WEEK OF 7/27/2020
- Milling through downtown Elburn is scheduled to commence mid-week.
- Parking on Main Street will be restricted during milling and will be re-opened by the end of the day.
- Cones will be placed early morning to restrict parking on Main Street the day of milling.
- After milling, the roadway will be assessed for necessary additional repair prior to paving.
- Paving will be a week to two weeks after milling and will also restrict parking on Main Street.
- Work is weather dependent and changes to the schedule should be expected.
The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) announced a major resurfacing project for IL Rt 47 from Seavey Road to IL Rt 64. The project will include asphalt patch and overlay, ADA improvements, and milled rumble strips.
IDOT crews are now in Elburn and below is their schedule for this week:
- Sawcut, remove and replace curb and gutter and sidewalk @ Walker Dr, Walgreens Entrance, IL 38, and Reader St.
- Continue milling pavement from Walker Dr heading South.
- Milling will end at the post office today and work on getting that section paved for the next week or two.
Milling of the surface in downtown Elburn is scheduled to begin next week. Parking stalls will be coned off the day of the milling as well as when paving occurs.
All work is weather dependent.