Beginning October 1, 2018, Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS) will be providing the refuse (garbage), recycling and yard waste services for the Village of Elburn residents. LRS is a privately owned company headquartered in Morton Grove, IL. Elburn residents can expect to receive improved service options for less and a very high level of service with a hometown touch from the LRS staff.
By default, residents will automatically receive a 95-gallon garbage cart and 65-gallon recycle cart. Action is only required if a different size cart is preferred.
Please visit LRSRecycles.com/Elburn to learn more about the new services and select different cart sizes before September 12th.
The physical transition of services will begin in late September. Residents will see new refuse and recycling carts delivered to their homes.
WHAT IS CHANGING?
- All residents will be automatically delivered a cart for garbage and a cart for recycle materials.
- Residents will be able to select cart sizes from Aug. 19 – Sept. 12, 2018.
- Residents who do not select carts will automatically be delivered and invoiced for:
- 95-gallon garbage cart ($16.75 per month)
- 65-gallon recycling cart (included with garbage service)
- Rate has decreased
- One (1) bulk item per week for no charge
- The time of day materials are collected will change
- All residents will be issued the LRS carts for weekly garbage and recycle collection
- Yard waste carts are optional for a small monthly fee
- Organic food scraps may be mixed with yard waste
- LRS offers an E-Waste curbside program beginning spring 2019. Residents will receive notifications on how the E-Waste program will work.
Optional Cart Sizes
Residents have cart options – 95, 65 or 35 gallon cart for refuse and recycling
WHAT IS NOT CHANGING?
- LRS will invoice residents directly for services
- Invoice options are available online
- Wednesday will remain the service day
- All items need to be placed to the curb by 6:45AM on service day
- Garbage, recycling and yard waste services are still unlimited
- Items that are recyclable