Community Service Officer (Part-Time Position)
Salary: $14.00 – $15.00 per hour, DOQ
Sworn Officers: 8 Full Time / 6 Part Time
This is a uniformed civilian position.
• Working with the public
• Parking enforcement
• Ordinance investigations and enforcement
• Traffic control and informing patrol officers of traffic crashes or criminal situations
• Animal control
• Building and property maintenance code enforcement
• Additional related duties
• Be at least 18 years old
• Have a high school diploma or GED
• Have a valid Illinois driver’s license
The position averages 15-20 hours per week, schedule to be determined. Hours of employment will generally be 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., with additional hours as needed for special events. Community Service Officer will report to the Police Chief, but duties and assignments will be at the direction of both the Police Chief and the Building Commissioner. A Community Service vehicle will be provided to carry out the assigned duties.
Applications are available at www.elburn.il.us, under “Document Center” or Village Hall, 301 E. North St. Please Submit Applications and Resume by September 27, 2019.
Send applications and resume to:
Elburn Police Department
301 East North Street
Elburn, Illinois 60119
The Village of Elburn is an equal opportunity employer.